Over last couple months, we provided pre-release versions of the DocumentViewer and we are happy to announce that now, the final version 29.2 has been officially released.
In order to install this version, use the package manager console:
Install-Package TXTextControl.Web.DocumentViewer -Version 29.0.302.500
Completing Form Fields
Version 29.2 of the DocumentViewer for ASP.NET supports the completion of MS Word compatible form fields.
A unique feature of TX Text Control form fields is the usage of Conditional Instructions. It is possible to add dependencies between fields based on logical operators. This allows to add a complete workflow to forms by adding dependencies between form fields.
These form field conditions are now implemented in version 29.2. Forms created with TX Text Control using the online editor or using one of the Windows versions can be loaded into the DocumentViewer which switches automatically into the form completion mode.
Using conditional instructions, fields values can be controlled and relations between fields can be implemented. Typical instructions are:
- Enable form fields based on a selected/added value of another form field
- Mark fields as invalid based on content
- Specify form field content or items based on the content of another form field
- Validate entries based on string or numeral comparisons
Stamps, Sticky Notes and Comments
The TX Text Control DocumentViewer provides these annotation and collaboration features to all supported document formats including MS Word DOC, DOCX, RTF and the internal TX Text Control format. The annotations are not stored within the document which allows you to share annotations with all document types that are supported including DOCX, DOC, RTF and PDF.
The DocumentViewer provides all typical annotation types out-of-the-box:
- Textual Highlights are used to add a comment to a range of text.
- Notes are inserted at any location to add a textual note.
- Text can be added at any location of a page.
- Stamps can be customized and inserted at any location.
- Drawings are used to mark locations in a document.
The updated documentation of TXDocument
╰ TXDocumentViewer Object
You can test all new features in our live demos: