FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Charlotte, NC, United States (November 30, 2010) - TX Text Control now has a new member in its product family: TX Text Control .NET for WPF. TX Text Control .NET for WPF is the first true WYSIWYG rich text editor for the Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) platform and contains the same rich feature set as the current TX Text Control .NET for Windows Forms component. TX Text Control .NET for WPF 16.0 supports the development of WPF applications (.exe) and WPF browser applications (.xbap).
Additionally, TX Text Control .NET 16.0 offers a new concept of binding TextControl to a button bar or any other third-party ribbon bar. Using TextControl, it is now possible to build browser-based applications that have exactly the same feature set as applications built with Windows Forms. This includes loading files from and saving files to the client machine in all supported formats.
Another great new feature are the new repeating table headers. Tables are often used to display large amounts of data, for example in a sales report. TX Text Control .NET 16.0 also provides an entirely new generic spell checker interface that allows any 3rd partly spell checking component to be easily integrated into a TX Text Control based application.
Finally, a new text part collection and an improved PDF import filter was integrated. Imported text is no longer arbitrarily imported into text frames, as was the case in the previous version of TX Text Control .NET. Text frames are now used only in the case of complicated word processing features, such as nested tables, formulas etc.
Most Important Features
- Edit, convert, create and modify documents.
- Support for Office Open XML (DOCX), MS Word, RTF, HTML and Adobe PDF (PDF/A).
- Mail-merge, compatible to MS Word.
- Simple integration into Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010.
- Word processing components for Windows Forms, WPF and ASP.NET.
- Free developer support.
- 32 bit version: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- 64 bit version: Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010
All versions ship with unlimited free developer support.