TX Text Control v9 With Delphi v6
We have had a good number of inquires concerning the compatibility of TX Text Control v9 and the new Delphi 6 version.
To set the record straight, here is the official verdict.
Out of the box, Delphi 6 refuses to integrate the TX Text Control OCX.
The reason for this is simply that Delphi 6 generates an incorrect x4oleLib_TLB.pas.
This is the file that describes TX Text Control's properties and methods. Some of these are malformed.
To remedy these this shortcoming in Delphi 6 take the following steps:
- Download this archive and extract the files contained within to the >Delphi6\Imports directory.
- Select 'Open' and find the >dclusr.pak in >Delphi6\Lib folder.
- Click 'Add' and find the x4oleLib_TLB.pas that you just extracted in to the Delphi6\Imports folder.
- Select 'Compile' and you are done.
- Close the package. When prompted whether to save or not, select 'Yes'.
After the control is installed, everything will work correctly.
Change to the TX Text Control Update Policy
Due to popular demand we have changed our update policy.
Previously, only if you owned TX Text Control v7 or v8 could you purchase an update to v9.
Now, you can take advantage of the special update pricing if you own v6, v7 or v8:
|TX Text Control Professional v9 Update
|TX Text Control Standard v9 Update
You can update online in a matter of minutes. Please be sure to have your current serial number ready, as it is required during the ordering process.
If you have any questions about the update, please get in contact with our TX Support Team who are eager to help you with any issue you may have.
The Newsletter Team