As you will have seen in the newest edition of Visual Basic Programmers Journal and Windows Developer's Journal, TX Text Control will shortly be available in version 8. If you missed it, have a look at this information.
Version 8 provides new and enhanced features in all of TX Text Control's key areas, making it more flexible and usable for both the developer and the end-user. Additionally, version 8 places special emphasis on office and internet-based applications. In brief, this is what's new and updated:
- Bullets and Numbered Lists
- Web Application Tool Kit
- New easy-to-use print method, especially for environments which do not have a printer object, like Access and FoxPro.
- A property named LockWindowUpdate, which disables screen refresh during multiple text manipulations, and thus can reduce processing time and screen flicker considerably
- CanUndo and CanRedo properties
- SaveToMemory and LoadFromMemory properties that work with strings instead of byte arrays
- Improved text filters
- Extended C++ tutorial
What's more the entire web site has been updated with a lot of sample applications and complete source code. Not to mention the new TX Quotation Generator - the source code is just waiting for you!
You can also download plenty of other new sample applications.
The Newsletter Team