Windows Forms User's Guide > Tutorial: Creating a Ribbon Application
In this first step, an application is created and Text Control is connected with a ribbon bar and ribbon tabs.
1. Start Visual Studio .NET and create a new project. Select either Visual Basic or C# as a project type, and Windows Forms Application as a template.
2. Find the TX Text Control 24.0 toolbox tab that has been created automatically by the TX Text Control setup program. All usable TX Text Control controls and components are listed in this tab.
3. Click on the TextControl icon and draw it on a form.
4. Click on the Smart Tag (little right-facing arrow) in the upper right corner of TextControl. In the Wizards group, click on Add a Ribbon, Add a Status Bar, Add a Ruler and Add a Vertical Ruler. Do not insert a ButtonBar. Finally, click on Arrange Controls Automatically. The controls are now connected and docked to fill the container:
5. On the form, select the ribbon control by clicking the blue File tab title in order to click on the Smart Tag in the upper right corner of the ribbon control. Click on Add a RibbonFormattingTab, Add a RibbonInsertTab, Add a RibbonPageLayoutTab, Add a RibbonViewTab, Add a RibbonProofingTab and Add a RibbonReportingTab.
6. Build and start the application to see first results.