Installing the Samples
ASP User's Guide > Simple Sample Programs
To run the installed sample code, you have to set up a virtual directory in your
Internet Information Server. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Start the Internet Information Server Administration Tool. The location of this tool
depends on the operating system.
- Select Default Web Site in the left tree view and then the
Action/New/ Virtual Directory... menu item. This will start a wizard.
- On the first page, Virtual Directory Alias, specify tx as
an alias name and press the Next button.
- On the second page, Web Site Content Directory, select the
Samples\Asp subdirectory found in your TX Text Control installation path. Press
the Next button.
- On the third page, Virtual Directory Access Permissions, enable
Write permission for the virtual directory and press Finish.
Now you can test the installation by opening your browser and browsing to
http://<your_machine_ip>/tx, where <your_machine_ip> is the IP
address or host name of your server. The index page index.htm located in the
Samples\Asp subdirectory is shown.
>> Creating a Text Control in a Server Side Script